I think this is the fastest recipe I have ever written and shared.
But do not let those three ingredients fool you. The flavor and enjoyment you will get with each bite are out of this world.
The holiday season is upon us, and we all look for a great way to show our love to our family and friends utilizing sharing our favorite desserts and treats.
What is more fun than making those?
What are the dates?
Dates are the fruit of palm trees. Mainly growing in the Middle East, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Iran.
The most common are Medjool dates and Deglet Noor. However, there are over 300 varieties grown.
Pitted or unpitted, either way, they are just so flavorful little morsels. However, if you can buy unpitted, it will save you so much time to prepare this dish.
Health benefits of dates
- A good source of vitamins and minerals, dates are high in sulfites found in dried dates, which can be a health concern.
- Medjool contains antioxidants and nutrients that may lower your risk of heart disease, promote digestion and support heart health. Do consult with your doctor as every person is different.
- Also, anti-inflammatory benefits are attributed to this divine little morsel of sweetness.
- Fresh dates are hand-picked due to how delicate they are, thus making them a bit more expensive.
- Natural sweeteners also know not to play havoc with your blood sugar levels.
I love those little morsels of dried fruits, and I have been known to eat a box all by myself, just a bit of caution as they can carry about of calories.
But then it is the holidays, so why not indulge a bit? There is always the gym where we can work out all the extra ounces.
I wish I could give some more tips on making this super quick recipe, but as you can see, there isn’t much I can tell you. My only advice is to eat in moderation.
Use the freshest walnuts you can find.
If you enjoy this Walnut Stuffed Dates recipe, look at some of my other recipes.
Ingredients necessary to make this recipe
Walnut Stuffed Dates
Giangi’s Kitchen provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as a registered dietician does not calculate them.
Did you make this?
Leave a comment below and tag @giangiskitchen on Instagram
Visit my Amazon Storefront for my selection of favorite kitchen essentials. I only recommend equipment that I use and love.